Libraries provide programming and services for job search and the improvement of job skills. Many libraries also serve as centers to establish, sustain, and promote entrepreneurship and small businesses.
- Every day 300,000 Americans get job-seeking help at their public library.
- 30 million people use library computers and internet access for employment or career purposes in a year.
- 92% of libraries provide access to online job databases and resources.
- 76% of libraries help people complete job applications online.
- According to the University of Maryland’s Digital Inclusion Survey, most public libraries (in the 99%) report providing economic/workforce services. Of those, about 48% report providing entrepreneurship and small business development services.
- Business owners and employees use resources at public libraries to support their small businesses 2.8 million times every month.
Take the next step. Help us spread the word.
View the sources for statistics about libraries on this page.